Weekend Camps & Retreats
Bear Creek Camp hosts special weekend camps every year over Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends, as well as other special retreat weekends like the Women’s Retreat. Make a Bear Creek Camp weekend part of your plan to reconnect with your loved ones and explore, celebrate and grow in God’s creation.
Come and join us for a fun-filled weekend at Bear Creek Camp this winter! Over the past few winters we have been having a winter camp called CONNECT, which is a time for you to CONNECT with God and to re-CONNECT with friends from camp.
This year our theme is Salt & Light, which comes from Matthew 5:13-16! We are called to be the Salt of the earth and the Light of the world, but what does that mean and how do we do that? Join in on the conversation at CONNECT!
Plus we will be having a blast doing all of the fun activities that Bear Creek Camp has to offer during the winter!
We offer two different weekends for CONNECT, which run Friday night at 7 through Sunday after lunch. The weekends are:
- January 13-15 for 7-12th Grade
- February 3-5 for 4-8th Grade
Campers should bring the following items for their use at camp
- Sleeping Bag & Pillow
- Towel & Washcloth
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Prescription Medication (if you need them)
- Warm Layers
- Snow Boots
- Extra pair of shoes (in case yours get wet)
- Winter Jacket
- Winter Hat/Mittens/Gloves
- Personal Water Bottle
- Money for the Camp Store (if desired)
- Camera (if desired)
Items Not to Bring to Camp
These items will be taken from campers and held until the end of the weekend. Possession of weapons or drugs may result in the immediate removal of the camper from camp.
- Food (The camp provides good nutritious meals. Food in the cabins only encourages rodents and other animals to invade, which can cause unsafe and unclean conditions.)
- Electronics (personal music devices, video game systems, cell phones, etc…)
- Knives or other weapons
- Jewelry and other valuables
- Alcohol, tobacco products, other drugs, or any drug paraphernalia